Sunday, March 6, 2011

Some VERY exciting news...

So most of you know that Rob is a loan officer and because the housing market is doing so horrible he's been looking for a new job. He's had several interviews, some for jobs along the same line of work and some for other things. He got offered a job and asked the people if he could have a little time to think about it before accepting the position because he just didn't feel right about it. It was another loan officer position but with another mortgage company. We prayed and prayed about it and he just felt so sick about it and didn't know what to do.
Then a couple days later we were out with friends and Rob was talking to our friend Ben about his job selling security systems out of state during the summer. Ben was telling Rob how amazing it has been for his family and has given him the chance to go to school and be home with his family a lot. Also, what a great company it is to work for. Rob was pretty interested and Ben told him to talk to me about it and let him know if we wanted to get together another time and get more information about it.
On the way home Rob was telling me about how great this job is and how awesome it would be for him to get to be home more and not worry so much about money. I totally shut the idea down and didn't really want to talk about it because there was NO WAY that I was going to move away for 4 months to let him do such a risky job... Well, the next morning I sure got an awakening... the first thought on my mind when I woke up was "you are going to move to Kansas City for the summer because it is the right thing to do" WEIRD!!! I was totally against the idea the night before so I knew that something was up for me to feel so different about it the next day.
We continued our fast and prayed like crazy that day and Rob and I both felt so good about this opportunity! So I got ahold of Ben's wife Jen and they came over that night and answered all our questions and concerns that we had about it. Rob felt that he would know what we were supposed to do after we met with them so he signed up right then and there!!!
Rob has been totally onboard since the first time he talked to Ben about it and that was probably the biggest selling point for me because he hasn't felt good about any other job at all.
We are really excited and feel really optomistic about this!! I have been great friends with Ben and Jen since middle school so I know that they wouldn't tell us about this if they didn't know that it will be a great opportunity for us. We are not risk takers at all so I know that we would never be doing this if it wasn't for their help and seeing how it has worked for them the past 4 years.
Rob has been training and studying everyday! He is such a caring, honest, hard-working person so I know that he will rock at this! I am so thankful to have him as my hubby! :)
I am so so excited to get to see another part of the country! I've always wanted to live somewhere else but I don't think I'd ever have the guts to really do it so this is the perfect opportunity to get to experience that, knowing that we'll be coming back home.
I've had a chance to meet several of the wives that will be with us this summer and they are so amazing! We've already planned out tons of fun stuff to do and we're gonna stay pretty busy. It's such a great opportunity to get back on top of things and build a better future for our family.
Wish us luck and we'll miss you all but I promise I'll be good about updating my blog with all of our Kansas City adventures!! We'll be back!!!!

10 comments:

Lizzy said...

Wow! What an adventure! Good Luck :-)

Kristy said...

My step-brother does this too :) He has done it in CA, FL, and TX. All 3 times it paid for him to go to school and not have to work....over $70,000 in helicopter school! What are you going to do with your house? It will be fun to see your adventures in KA.

Julie Williams said...

That is so exciting! What a fun adventure for you guys. You will be missed but I am glad you will be coming back!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Is it lame that I am STILL SO STOKED that you guys are coming with us? Seriously, so excited about it. Rob will do such a good job, and it will be so fun to hang out all summer! Plus Kaydence and Taelie have so much fun playing! I wish we could just leave right now and start on this adventure!

The Belshes said...

So excited for You!!!! Rob will do great!! What a fun opportunity for you Guys!!

Cara and Mike said...

That is so great Brittany!!!!! :) What an amazing adventure!! :) I wish it was right for us so we could join in on the part-ay :) hehe :) What a great feeling KNOWING that it is the right thing to do! :) And seriously, there is no one more wonderful and honest then Ben and Jen. I'm just sure that they have informed you both well! :) :) How EXCITING! :)

Elmer said...

Good luck! Sounds like it will be an adventure!

Bryce and Jamie said...

Sweet!!! I'm excited for you guys!!!

EA said...

Good luck in Kansas. I'm sure Rob will do great.... even if he's going to be working long days I'm sure you'll be good at keeping the big picture in mind.

Hoffman Family said...

You and Jen will have to come visit me! or i can come see you all! i am only 4 hours away from kansas city. i would love to catch up and see you.
p.s. this is christie from high school and hair school.