Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finally catching up!

Wow I am such a slacker! I cannot believe that it has been a month since I have blogged. Sorry friends! Needless to say that this post might be a little long but we have been so busy and I want to catch everyone up on what's up with the Pecks!
Kaydence is getting so big! I took her to the doctor the other day and she is now in the 40% for height and weight. That is the biggest she has been on the percentage scale. I have to play the bragging parent card for a minute because the doctor was so impressed that she talks so much and makes so many sentences out of her words. Also, he speaks Spanish and started asking her where all her body parts are in spanish and she got every one right on the first try! He said that he has never seen a kid her age know so much of a secondary language! She also knows dozens of other words in spanish because Rob speaks it constantly to her. Our little genius!! He said that she is well beyond where she should be and said that we don't have to bring her back til she's 3. Yay! It is just good to have someone tell you that you are doing something right. :)

Rob's job is going so well! He is moving up to be a Loan Officer now!! His boss approached him last week and said that he is doing an awesome job and the company wanted to pay for him to get his license. Before, he would get info and send out quotes but have to turn the loans over to get finished but now he gets to see them through from start to finish. I am so so proud of him and cannot tell you how much I love seeing him excited about work!!

My big brother and his wife graduated from BYU last week! He graduated in Electrical Engineering and she graduated in Accounting. Way to go guys!! I love you both so much!! :)


Yay David and Carina!!



Kaydence also got her first haircut a couple weeks ago! She was starting to get the little baby mullet in the back but it was so hard to bring myself to cut it! I am so glad that I did. She loved getting it cut and she felt so special on mommy's hair chair. :) Now she has a cute little bob and she actually lets my round brush and style it. Oh, my dreams of having a girly girl are definitely coming true!


She kept looking in the mirror saying "pretty kaydee". So cute!




Last month we went camping with my family and had an absolute blast!! We go about 3 hours south, in the middle of nowhere. The week was full of campfires, shooting, arrowhead hunting, and my favorite... 4 WHEELING!! It was so fun to get out of town and be close with family. Thanks again to my grandma, who spoiled Rob, Kaydence and I by letting us stay in her trailer with her. It was so perfect during the days but bitter cold at night, so we were very greatful. We spent most of the time being crazy on the 4 wheelers and came back with plenty of bumps and bruises to show for it but I definitely think it was worth it. Kaydence loved camping too! She was all about running into the woods and playing in the dirt. Man, we sure got our exercise chasing her but I was so glad that she loved it.
Everyone around the campfire!

Stoppin for a pit stop to nap on the steps. Odd litle child. LOL!

Camping is a dirty job but we love it!!

My dad showing Rob how to shoot a muzzle loader!

I have to brag that I am a pretty good shot! I definitely showed those boys what's up!

Uncle Jake spoiled Kaydee with tons of 4 wheelin rides! She loved it so much, it was torture to try to get her off them.

Had to bring her "mimi" along for the trip. Poor little monkey got left a little close to the fire and has a few battle marks now. Oops!!

I promise I'll be better at posting!! :)

5 comments:

ashleyandcody said...

I love how she is in the 40% and that is the biggest she has been. Kolt is in the 50% for weight and that is the smallest he has been lol! That is awesome that she knows spanish come over and teach mine english please. :D

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness I love the one on the stairs...priceless!

The Belshes said...

It looks like you've been busy! We need to do a play date w/ the kids soon!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi guys! (I messed up on my last comment so sorry) I am sooo excited about Rob's job going so well. You are such a smart and hard-working brother, Rob. Isn't it nice to have muscles AND brains :)!! Teaching Kaydence Spanish is amazing . Angelisa asked me why I didn't do that for her and I said because I don't know how. Love and miss you guys!