Thursday, March 19, 2009

Aflac.. Yay or nay?

Rob and I want to have another baby and we don't have good maternity coverage with the insurance that we are getting next month, so we have heard about Aflac and wanted to know if anyone has had it or knows anyone that has and if it is worth. Do you really just get a check after you have the baby? We are meeting with a guy tomorrow about it and I just wanted some opinions before we met with him. So, please let me know. :) Thanks!

6 comments:

Holli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holli said...

I have Aflac. I had Camden too quickly after we signed up to claim him, but I have lots of friends who have it. One friend in particular has had complications so it has been really worth it for her. Yes, they do just send you a check and it is a really easy process. The good thing is that if you have a baby after 10 months but before 3 years, it pays for itself and you get the extra coverage in case something goes really wrong. Call me if you want details about which plans I have.

ashleyandcody said...

We got the claim papers and filled out as much as we could before we even had Kolt then once we were at the hospital we had the staff fill out the rest had the Dr sign it and put it in the mail the next day. A couple weeks later we had a check...it is really easy and I hope it works out for you guys. Have you talked to Cara about it? Anyways good luck let me know what you decide to do.

Kellie Glade said...

YAY!!! We had it with Raegan. I think even if you have good insurance you should get it. Who wouldn't want to get paid for having a baby :) Also, if there are any complications it helps a TON!!!! I was going to refer to our guy, but looks like you already found one. Give me a call if you have any further questions. I believe we took out 2 plan coverages when I was pregnant with Raegan. It really does pay!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

I did it with Abby and I got $2,400 in a check and you can use it towards hospital bills or whatever else you want to! I think they took out $60.00 each check when I was working and I canceled right after I had Abby so it came out to be totally worth it! They also give you 20 or 25 dollars each dr appt! It is AWESOME!!! I would TOTALLY recommend it I am so mad I didn't have it with this babe! Just be careful of the waiting periods..I know that you have to start it and wait a month to try, I think it's 10 months?? I would say do it but that's just me I totally thought it was worth it!! If you have any other ?'s let me know.

Eric and Suzanne said...

We just did it with Daxton and got back $3,500! Talk about easy money! Actually not really easy but you know what I mean! :) It works really well if you have complications, my friend just had her baby and they got $8,500 back because she had an emergency C-section. It's a total win win situation! We will definitely do it again with our next one.