Thursday, December 18, 2008

The medical mystery is solved... I think...

First off, thanks so much to everyone that commented on my blog and called with their thoughts on what has been going on with Kaydence. I really have appreciated it! My friend Julie called me and told me about something her son had called Roseola and that sounded exactly like what she has! All the symptoms she described sounded the same. So I went on WebMd and researched it more. EVERYTHING on there matches what she has. Loss of appetite, drowsiness, hive like rash all over the trunk area and upset tummy. I'm stil concerned because she still has a upset tummy so i called the pediatrician and she asked about the medicine they gave me last week and guess what the main ingredient in that medicine is... MILK!! Now anyone that knows us knows that Kaydence is extremely allergic to dairy! DUH, I'm really irritated cuz i told the doctor that she is really allergic to dairy and she still prescribed that. Kaydence's normal doctor wasn't there so I had to see another one and I am not fond of her at all. So anyway, they put Kaydence on a very strict diet for the next week and we'll see what happens. They joys of motherhood!! It's hard to not take it personal when something is wrong with your child but i wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world! I love my little princess! :)

7 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry Britney! Blake had Roseola earlier this year and it wasn't any fun! I'd be upset too if my doc prescribed something BLake was alergic to! I'm learning more and more that mommyhood is a big guessing game and you have to trust your intuition!

Lizzy said...

I hope that the diet change will help her feel better!
Poor girl :-)

Angie said...

There is nothing worse than having a sick child!! Sorry you are having to go through all this. Hope she gets feeling better soon!

The Belshes said...

I hope she starts feeling better! If you need anything, let me know!!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

ughhh..that is HORRIBLE! Abby is WAY allergic to milk too she is our soy baby so I know how you feel I would have been so upset. Roseola is the worst because for Abby the rash didn't come until the fever and other symptoms were gone and it's so frustrating..they turn into totally different babies and you can't figure out why! I hope she's doing better now:)

Kellie Glade said...

Hopefully she now will start feeling better and get back to her normal darling self. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
--Kellie

Wendy said...

Brittney,
You are such a good mommy! Sometimes doctors can be so irritating, like Erin said, you really have to follow your intuition and you did that by calling to find out more about her symptoms and the ingredients in the meds. Hang in there she will feel better soon. She is a lucky little princess to have you there 24/7 to take care of her. We are lucky to be SAHMs!