Sunday, December 14, 2008

Poor baby girl!

So Friday morning i got Kaydence out of bed and i was changing her diaper and she had really bad diaper rash. It was really red with big red spots on the inside of her leg. I was worried so I had my mom come look at it and guess what she said they are... chickenpox! I started freaking out and took her to the doctor. The doctor said that she couldn't tell 100% if they were or not. So I am utterly confused... She gave me some cream and said that if it didn't help the spots then they were chickenpox. Oh and yes she did get the vaccine at her one year appt but there are kids that can still get it. Lucky us!! :( They are already healing so either the cream worked or if they are pox then they are almost gone because the doctor told me what they'd look like when they heal. Still utterly confused... I have no clue where she got them from but hopefully it'll be over with and one less thing to worry about later on. Just to be on the safe side the doctor said that I should keep her away from others for a week or so. So sorry but I hope this explains why i haven't done friend or neighbor Christmas presents yet. Hopefully I'll get to it but if not, I am so sorry. :( If anyone has any advice or can sympathize with me that would be great cuz I feel like the worst mom in the world right now. :(

3 comments:

Lucy said...

You are not the worst mom!! You are not even a bad mom, you are a wonderful mother. You are a great example of a mother to me and I appreciate it!! Let me know if you need anything!!

Mike and Jill said...

It's ok! I have never had chicken pox and have been vaccinated about 3 times now so I'm scared I'll probably get them and I am 26! At least she got them while she is this little!! And you are not a bad mom!! You are being a good mom by taking care of her!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

THAT SUCKS!! Poor little one..You can't blame yourself it happens. Abby got Rosieolla (baby measles) and I know it just breaks your heart to see them sick and it is confusing since the vaccinations are supposed to prevent them but she will have a strong immune system and you get more bonding time with her while she is sick. Hope she feels better soon!